What is a thigh lift?
Thigh lift surgery reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat, resulting in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body.
If fitness and weight control efforts have not achieved your goals for a body that is firmer, more youthful-looking, and more proportionate to your overall body image, a surgical lift may be right for you.
When choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon for a thigh lift, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
Thigh lift candidates
In general, candidates for a thigh lift are:
- People whose weight is relatively stable
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the inner (medial) thigh region and/or the outer (lateral) thigh
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition and fitness
Thigh lift procedure steps
A thigh lift procedure is usually done by intravenous sedation and general anesthesia/ Epidural-Spinal anesthesia. Your anesthetic doctor will recommend the best option for you. With liposuction extra fat is removed & extra skin is excised to give you a desired contour of thigh.