- Gynecomastia is a condition when the breasts in men get overdeveloped and increase in size. To rectify this, Dr. Atodaria from Surat will perform a procedure called gynecomastia surgery or reduction mammoplasty.
- The surgery not only flattens but also enhances the chest contours.
- Dr. Atodaria may also surgically improve the position and size of the areola if the weight of excess breast tissue causes the breast to sag and stretch the areola.
The Correct Candidates: Gynecomastia surgery will give the best result in:
- The person not responding to medical treatment
- If the patient having a realistic expectation
- The patient should be otherwise healthy and of normal weight
- If the patient not having any other terminal, life threatening illness
- The breast development phase of the man should be at a halt in order to do this procedure otherwise it may affect the results.
- This procedure may be performed on adolescents but there may arise a need to perform secondary procedures if the breast development may continue in the patient.
Consultation with Dr. Atodaria in Surat: What to Expect?
- You should discuss your desired outcome and the shape of the breasts that you want after the procedure is complete.
- You have to discuss your current medications, your previous medical history and any form of drug use including tobacco, alcohol, vitamins, herbal medications and any other substance you may be putting in your body before the procedure may take place.
- The doctor may also perform diagnostic testing to determine the cause of Gynecomastia
- There maybe certain risks for certain patients which the doctor will discuss during the consultation.
The Risks of Gynecomastia Surgery:
It is a commonly done surgery, which gives a satisfying results & it is usually an uneventful. Probable risks are Anesthesia risks, Bleeding (hematoma), Breast asymmetry, contour and shape irregularities, changes in nipple or breast sensation may be temporary or permanent, seroma, Infection, poor wound healing, Reactions to tape, suture materials, glues, topical preparations or injected agents, unfavorable scarring
Preparing for Gynecomastia Surgery:
- The doctor will get you a medical evaluation and get some lab testing done
- He will prescribe certain medications and ask you to stop smoking at least 5 days prior to surgery
- He may also ask you to avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin and herbal supplements as they may increase the possibility of bleeding.
Steps in the procedure:
- Anesthesia- in this step, the anesthetist doctor will give medicine which will make you sleep.
- Liposuction technique – In cases where gynecomastia is primarily the result of excess fatty tissue, liposuction techniques alone may be used. This requires insertion of a cannula, a thin hollow tube, through small incision.The cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion to loosen the excess fat, which is then removed from the body by vacuum suction.
There are various liposuction techniques that may be used; the technique most appropriate in your case will be defined prior to your procedure.
- The cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion to loosen the excess fat, which is then removed from the body by vacuum suction. There are various liposuction techniques that may be used; the technique most appropriate in your case will be defined prior to your procedure.
The Results: The result will be immediately visible after the surgery and the patient will notice that the breasts have reduced in size.